2501 Pike Creek Rd
Wilmington, DE 19808
Coach Jim Fischer has been leading Tuesday Night Track Workouts for over 35 years, donating his time to the Delaware running community.
Year-round sessions are open to any interested adult runner.
Fall/Winter 2022 notes from Coach:
- We are scheduled to be at the track every Tuesday except December 13 (party) and December 27 (off).
- Our main workout period is 6:00pm to 7:00pm. Starting your workout at 6:45pm will make it a short workout.
- I will try to have the lights on at 5:45pm, if not before. The lights will stay on following the workouts for your warm-down.
As always, lane one is for the workouts, lane two is for passing, and lanes three through six are for warm-up, warm-down, and recovery.
- Some of you come fabulously underdressed. Have extra clothes for warm-up, warm-down, and recoveries.
- If our session is going to be canceled because of weather, I will try to make that call by Noon on Tuesday, if not before.
- If there is snow or freezing ice on the track, we cannot practice.
- If temps are really low, again we won’t practice.
- We have asked for a $20 donation from everyone for light usage.
I hope I have covered everything. This is a time of endurance building, building volume more than intensity. For some of you are looking to improve but have been stuck at 5000m of intensity for a while, it might be the time to maintain low intensity, cut recovery time, and increase the number of meters in your workout. It’s just a thought.
This is not an official PCVRC event and any area runners are welcome.
Coach is a Hall of Fame member of our club.
St. Mark’s HS Track: 2501 Pike Creek Rd, Wilmington, DE 19808, USA
Year-round sessions are open to any interested adult runner. Usually located at St. Mark’s High School track, which is lighted as necessary.