Pike Creek Valley Running Club was founded in 1982 by runners who resided in the Pike Creek area of New Castle County, Delaware.
Our club is dedicated to promoting physical fitness through running. Although comprised primarily of Delaware runners from the Newark and Wilmington areas, we have members from other parts of Delaware and surrounding areas of Maryland, Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
We welcome runners of all levels of ability from beginning joggers to the highly competitive road racer to marathoners. PCVRC currently has over 130 families and individual members. We are a social club and very supportive of all our member’s running goals. Most importantly, we have a great time running.
- To provide assistance in any way possible to our members to help achieve his or her personal running goals.
- To offer our members a variety of running related and social activities.
- To have FUN and stay physically and mentally fit through running.
Our Mission Statement
The Pike Creek Valley Running Club, Inc. is a Delaware non-profit corporation formed in 1982 for the purpose of promoting and encouraging running in our region as a sustainable form of recreation, as well as fostering social bonds with other runners. PCVRC supports the individual in the achievement of his or her personal athletic goals as well as involvement in the spirit of team competition.
- The Delaware Distance Classic 15K/5K Race in October
- Team Competition races
- Organized groups runs
- Annual Holiday Party
- Annual Sports awards dinner and banquet
- Annual Boston Marathon send off party
- Member of Road Runners Club of America (RRCA)
PCVRC 2009-2011 Event Photos
More About PCVRC
Top of Page