Crabowitz Party is Thursday 6/13
POSTPONED – TBD
From Rich and Tricia Szymanski:
What: Crabowitz Party
Date: Thursday, June 13 th
Time: any time after 4:30 p.m.
Where: Szymanski House, 709 Haddon Road (North point), Wilmington DE 19808
As of 8am 6/13, Crabowitz is postponed due to weather. New date TBD.
Run: Starts at 5:30pm (optional)
Please mark your calendars to join us for the 11th annual Crabowitz!!! We will be supplying crabs, pizza, water, soda and wine and our own Brewmaster Tony, will once again be making the “Electrolyte Ale” ! We will also have an assortment of beers (not sure what) If you have something you prefer to drink, feel free to bring your beverage of choice.
This is a family event, so please bring your significant other, children, neighbor, or whomever you wish to bring.
We will continue the tradition of asking for your donations… This year we have selected Special Olympics.
Group Runs each Sunday & Thursday
All are welcome to our weekly group runs. See details
Sundays 8:00am – meet in front of Panera on Main St., Newark (free parking)
Thursdays 6:00pm – meet at start/finish of Delcastle Rec Area
Summer Concerts at Bellevue State Park
Post to our FB Group if you expect to attend one of the following dates, to meet up with other club members: Meet at Bellevue at 5:15 pm on the dates listed below. 6:00 concert starts. It’s a BYOB. I know it could be hot but.. there is shade.
NOTE: Due to construction on I-95, the NB and SB ramps to Marsh Rd are closed all summer – tentative reopening is 8/31.
- Sunday, June 23, 2019 at 6:30 PM 287th Army Band Patriotic Music and Marches
- Thursday, June 27, 2019 at 6:30 PM The Louden Backyard Band Classical to Pop with Jazz in the Middle
- Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 6:00 PM Jimmy & the Parrots Jimmy Buffet Tribute Band
- Sunday, July 7, 2019 at 6:30 PM Spokey Speaky Roots Reggae
- Sunday, July 7, 2019 at Chobot Challenge 15K Trail Run
- Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 6:30 PM Seven Rings Irish Pub Songs, Tunes & Ballads
- Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 6:30 PM Boy in Black Reliving the Johnny Cash
- Sunday, July 21, 2019 at 6:30 PM Malarkey Brothers Celtic Folk/Rock Band
- Sunday, July 28, 2019 at 6:30 PM Kategory 5 Classic Rock
- Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 6:30 PM The Big Jangle Songs of Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
- Sunday, August 11, 2019 at 6:30 PM The Core Eric Clapton Tribute Band
- Thursday, August 15, 2019 at 6:30 PM John Flynn Singer/Songwriter, Family Concert
- Sunday, August 18, 2019 at 6:30 PM The Big House Band Premier Party Band
- Sunday, August 25, 2019 at 6:00 PM The Newspaper Taxis Beatle Tribute Band
Fall PCVRC Events
- October 20 – Evansburg Challenge (10 Mile) — Evansburg State Park, Collegeville, PA
- November 30 – Delaware Open XC 5K Brandywine Creek State Pk. (DE 92) Wilmington, DE
— immediately following the race we are socializing at bbc tavern
- September 8 – Main Line Run 5k
- Saturday, October 5th – Lehigh (9am Open Race)- Maybe – good warmup for club nationals.
- October 13, 2019 – Delaware Distance Classic – 15K
- November 3 – Norcross-Cooper Run the Bridge Event 10K
- November 23 – Philadelphia 8K OR Half Marathon
- November 24 – Philadelphia Marathon
- Dec 14 – Lehigh University for Club Nationals.
Liquid Alchemy Beverages – event coming soon!
Plans are underway for a PCVRC group run and social event at our sponsor Liquid Alchemy Beverages in Wilmington near Banning Park.
See Delaware Business Times article about “LAB”. Jeff Cheskin and Terri Sorantino are long-time sponsors of our club.
USATF Race Series Update
Did you know that PCVRC supports a race team in the USATF Mid Atlantic region? Our club has long history of participation in the MidAtlantic USATF road and off-road (trail) race series. PCVRC is among 14 clubs that fields a race team in the club competition in the road series running road races in the spring and fall in Greater Philadelphia, South Jersey and Delaware over distances from 5k up to full marathon. We’ve lost a lot of participants due to injury and other activities and as result our participation in the off-road series has been greatly reduced this year. We’d love to hear from anyone who enjoys getting off the pavement and running the trails as well as anyone interested in joining us at the road races.
The spring race season concluded last weekend with the Moorestown NJ, 8k. Club member Chanon Tuntivate was the overall race winner with his spouse Maeve finishing 7th among all female finishers. The club fielded a small but complete team at this event and continues compete well against the larger clubs in the region.
The club is currently in 2nd place in the club challenge competition. We are looking forward to the fall when racing resumes in September with the Main Line 5k in Wayne PA. The full road race calendar is available here – http://mausatf.com/grandprix-events/
Delaware Distance Classic 15K + DNS 5K is Oct 13
DDC 15k returns to the Riverfront at the Dupont Environmental Education Center in Wilmington in conjunction with the Delaware Nature Society 5K! The Environmental Center is celebrating it’s 10 year anniversary, so the races will kick off a day-long celebration with music, vendors, and tours of the facility.
Register now and see details, course map, photos at https://ddc15k.org/ – where there is also a video tour of the course.
Let us know if you’d like to volunteer!