Benefits the work of the Little Sisters of the Poor at the Jeanne Jugan Residence.
Run or walk:
- Flat and fast course
- Goody bag + raffle ticket
- T-shirt + DJ Music
- Post race party (pizza, beer, Chick-fil-A)
- Helps needy seniors live more comfortably
Register to participate or contact Ray to be a course volunteer.
The USATF Cross Country club championships moves around the county every year and returns this year to Bethlehem PA – Lehigh University on Saturday, December 14th. In 2014 Pike Creek Valley Runners sent 64 runners to compete in club XC championship at Lehigh University.
Participants compete as members of their club teams in age groups on a grass course over the gently rolling terrain around Lehigh University’s athletic fields. All ladies compete on a 6k course, men 60 and over on an 8k and all remaining men’s age groups a 10k.
We are currently putting together teams for the following age groups for 2019. Men and Women Open divisions (18-39), 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79.
The club will hopefully provide transportation for the day with a chartered bus from the Wilmington riverfront to Lehigh University (will know at a later date). The Mid Atlantic USATF will provide a heated tent for us at the site.
If you are interested in competing the following items needs to be completed..
1. You must be a current Pike Creek RC member in order to compete. If you are not a current club member please go to Pike Creek Valley Running Club web site and join, https://pcvrc.com/join-our-running-club/ Those who join now will have a valid club membership for the remainder of 2019 as well as 2020. See our web page for the full list of member benefits.
2. All participants must have a current USATF membership and be affiliated with PCVRC. Wait until November 1st to join the USATF and your membership will be valid for the remainder of 2019 as well as 2020. It is very important that you affiliate yourself with Pike Creek Valley Running Club during the membership enrollment. Our club number is 25. https://www.usatf.org/membership/application/index.asp
We will provide detailed instructions for race registration in November.
3. All club team members will need to meet USATF uniform requirements – matching race singlets. Racers are permitted to wear additional layers under their singlets. Once you have completed your USATF membership please send us an email with your age and shirt size. We will attempt to form teams using our current club singlets were possible so please let us know if you have a PCVRC New Balance or North Face singlet.
Video / Photos / Recap of 2014 Event: See details of PCVRC at same event 5 years ago:
If you have any questions all information you need is provide in the USATF link below.
Rich Szymanski, Tom Steenkamer
From USATF Website:
Registration is now open for the 2019 USATF Club Cross Country Championships, December 14, 2019 at Lehigh University Cross Country Course in Bethlehem, PA. The registration fee is $40 with late registration fees applying after December 1, 2019 at 11:59 PT.
Remember you need to sign up with USATF first and then register for the race. Make sure you look for Pike Creek valley Running Club and attach yourself as a team member.
The meet includes divisions for Masters and Open runners competing for prize monies, national recognition and club bragging rights. More information on the meet, including registration links and eligibility information, can be found here.
The Championships consist of five separate races: Masters Women 6 km, Masters Men 60+ 8 km, Masters Men 40-59 10 km, Open Women 6 km, and Open Men 10 km. A total of $40,000 in prize money will be awarded to winning athletes and teams.
The event was last hosted in Lehigh Valley in 2014 attracting nearly 2,000 athletes and over 150 USATF clubs.
- You must be an active member of the PCVRC (or Tri-Dawgs) to register. If you are a member of both clubs, select the ‘club’ that you will represent for the competition.
- This competition is based upon points earned for 1/2/3 places in each AG (and Athena / Clydesdale categories). The club with the most points earns the Trophy and bragging rights!
- The details can be found on this document.
Registration is open now! (see registration link in the comments)