New time of 12 Noon to beat the rain!
To replace the cancelled DDC 15K, we’re having a group run, followed by a social (happy hour) at a location TBD on Wilmington Riverfront. Details coming soon, but mark your calendar and watch for a Facebook Event.
We’ll meet in Shipyard Shops parking lot and do an out-and back run (any distance). Family is welcome, so run, jog or walk as far as the Environmental Center or farther along the Jack Markell trail towards New Castle.
- You must be an active member of the PCVRC (or Tri-Dawgs) to register. If you are a member of both clubs, select the ‘club’ that you will represent for the competition.
- This competition is based upon points earned for 1/2/3 places in each AG (and Athena / Clydesdale categories). The club with the most points earns the Trophy and bragging rights!
- The details can be found on this document.
Registration is open now! (see registration link in the comments)
Join the PCVRC team in this fun event to support Cupid’s Charity, a great cause to find a cure for neurofibromatosis Type 1 (NF1), a genetic disorder of the peripheral nervous system that causes tumors to grow on the nerves anywhere in the body at any time. Club members meet at Maker’s Alley (804 N. Orange St, Wilmington) at 12:45pm for a 0.5 mile run and then participate in a fun scavenger hunt starting at 1:00pm.
Maker’s Alley opens at 11:30am so participants are welcome to hang out at Maker’s Alley beforehand as well as after the scavenger hunt for food, drink and socially distanced conversation until 4:30pm. There’s a costume contest for individuals and teams so we encourage you to dress in a Valentine’s/Cupid/ Underwear theme. Keep in mind the weather since the event is all outside.
Please use the code for 50% off registration!!!! Guaranteed to be a fun time!!
To register, click: https://cupids.org/register/
1. Select Wilmington
2. Email needs to be lower case.
3. Fill out all necessary address fields and sizes for swag
4. Select Pike Creek Valley Running Club team on drop down menu
5. Click the waiver form box at the bottom before continuing to next step. 6. Use code 50pk for 50% off registration.
PCVRC members welcome to join us for a fun run and then lunch and drinks at Constitution Yards.
(date changed from 2/20)
Run starts at noon at the old smoke stack in front of Planet Fitness and the Shipyard Shops and our “cool down” at Constitution Yards begins at 1:00pm.
Club will buy your first drink (must be an active paid 2021 member). This is primarily an outdoor activity so dress appropriately. For venue details, click HERE.
All members are invited to join us online for a Zoom meeting where we’ll recap 2020, elect officers (President, VP, Secretary, Treasurer) and preview coming events.
Link to the meeting will be emailed.
PCVRC Spring Social
Please join us for a social distancing Happy Hour at Dew Point Brewing Co. in Yorklyn on Friday 5/7.
Watch for details at our Facebook Page.
Benefits the work of the Little Sisters of the Poor at the Jeanne Jugan Residence.
Run or walk:
- Flat and fast course
- Goody bag + raffle ticket
- T-shirt + DJ Music
- Post race party (pizza, beer, Chick-fil-A)
- Helps needy seniors live more comfortably
Register to participate or contact Ray to be a course volunteer.