Hi Pike Creek Valley Running Club Member!
Our Delaware Distance Classic 15K and 5K is one month from today. This is the time where we need every club member to volunteer and/or register to run.
Here’s what we need:
- Do you have a table? We need a number of 6’ folding tables for the start/finish and for every water stop (2 at some). If you have a table or can bring it, please email me. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer for race day and bring a friend! We need course marshals at almost every intersection and volunteers at every water stop. Plus people to help set up. Adam Shilling is coordinating volunteers. Please either call/e-mail him or me (Adam, , 610-906-9009; Dirk, , 302-545-7047) and volunteer to help!
- Were you aware that we have a party later after the race is over for volunteers?
- Register and run the race – you can do some volunteer jobs and still run. Get your friends to come and run, 5K or 15K.
- Follow us on Instagram and use the #DDC15K on Instagram whenever you post anything about running. We already have a number of posts and a number of followers, the more the better!
News about the race:
Due to concerns about safety of the racers at the start, we are back to the original 15K course, starting on the straightway and not on the curve. The 5K course goes back to the out and back course.
Crabby Dick’s will not be able to host us this year, they are under renovations during that time. Because of that, we are making arrangements for at least one food truck with food for the runners. Plus we will have the usual bananas, bagels, etc.
We have two new sponsors this year, Essential Balance Medical and Therapeutic Massage and Orangetheory Fitness (Limestone Road). Look for more information to come on these and all our sponsors. Plus M&T Bank/Wilmington Trust is returning as our DDC Title Sponsor!
Our DDC 5K class is training Tuesday nights at 6:30 at the Newark reservoir with plans to make the DDC their “destination” race . Please come out support this effort – show up and run there on Tuesday nights! Introduce yourself to trainer David Berger. Check for it on Facebook or get in touch with David Berger directly.
Our weekly running meet-ups continue: Tuesdays at the Newark Reservoir at 6PM; Thursdays at 6PM at Delcastle Recreation; and Sundays 8AM at Panera on Main Street Newark. Now that
The club currently stands at 119 family memberships with 194 club members.
Membership is only $25 and is good for your entire family. As a 501c(3), PCVRC membership is also tax deductible. Also, any member who races for PCVRC in 4 or more USATF races within a calendar year, and remains a member of USATF, will receive a complimentary PCVRC membership for the following calendar year. We will notify members in January if they are eligible for a free PCVRC membership.
New members who join on or after June 1 but before October 1 pay a reduced rate of $15 to cover their membership for the remainder of the current calendar year. All members who join or renew before October 1 are subject to our standard renewal policy. Anyone who joins on or after October 1st pays $25 that includes the remainder of the current calendar year plus the following calendar year. Membership Renewals will be accepted beginning at the December holiday party and are due by March 31.
To renew your dues online.
Or you may send a $25 check or money order (payable to PCVRC) to: PCVRC, PO Box 3259, Wilmington, DE 19804
Current and all past News Bulletins are online: http://pcvrc.com/pcvrc-news-bulletins-2/
2018 PCVRC Board
Dirk Sweigart, President
Wes Stafford, VP
Adam Shilling, Secretary
Andrea Riley, Treasurer
Other Voting Members:
Tom Steenkamer – USATF
Dan Suher – DDC Race Co-Director
Christina Xia – Membership
Ray Christensen – Emeritus
Grace Carr– Communications/Marketing
Sheri Sweigart – Social
Jerry Herman – At Large
Links for Club Members
PCVRC Events Calendar: www.pcvrc.com/pcvrc-events-calendar/
PCVRC News Bulletins: www.pcvrc.com/pcvrc-news-bulletins-2/
PCVRC Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/289855916248/