Pike Creek Valley Running Club (PCVRC) is centered in New Castle County, Delaware.
Our mission is to encourage the sport of running as a fun and healthy activity for people of all ages and all backgrounds. More about PCVRC.
Couch to 5K Program
We hold FREE Spring and Fall C25K group training sessions Monday nights at the Newark Reservoir.
Weekly Group Runs: Each Thurs 6pm Delcastle Park & Sun 8am Panera in Newark, DE.
Delaware Distance Classic 15K and 5K
Our club’s signature event in Delaware City serves as the Mid-Atlantic USATF 15K Championship
Weekly Group Runs: Sun-Panera, Mon-Newark Resevoir, Thu-Delcastle Rec
DDC 15K & 5K is Oct. 8 Great new course + party See DDC15K.org
Started in 1982, the club has over 150 families (200 members), from state age-group record holders to back-of-the-packers! Both experienced and novice runners are encouraged to join. As a 501c3 organization, your $25 membership in the PCVRC is tax deductible and covers your entire family. Help support running in Delaware by joining the PCVRC.
See membership benefits!
- Group runs – beginners & walkers welcome
- Delaware Distance Classic 15K & 5K – our signature event
- Experienced runners of all distances to learn from
- Club social events including holiday party, annual banquet, Boston Send-Off…
- Run as a member of our racing team in age-graded USATF events
- Annual awards in several categories
- Discounts at local running stores
Contact for more details.
PCVRC members enjoy Delaware Marathon After-Party